If you love potato salad, you’ll LOVE this ultra tasty version. 🙂
Many moons ago I volunteered as a recipe tester for a site I now can’t remember. They wanted feedback on recipes they had created (i.e. what can be added to the recipe, reduced, how easy it is to make, does it taste good, etc) and I was lucky enough to re-create their Sweet Potato Salad.
Since then, it’s been a huge family favorite and I’m constantly making it for BBQ’s, family gatherings, and just when we want some healthyish (which is stretching it a bit lol) comfort food.
Try it out and let me know in the comments what you think!
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, peeled, cooled, and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook potatoes until tender, but still firm; about 20 minutes. Drain and cool.
- In a large bowl combine potatoes, apple, eggs, celery, and onions.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add to potato mixture and combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for best flavor.